Burning a candle seems straight-forward but there are some tricks to ensuring proper burning and safety. 
  • The first time you burn your candle, leave it lit for at least two hours or long enough for the whole top layer of wax to melt. This will prevent "tunneling" which is one of the saddest fates to befall a good candle.
  • Always clear the candle of dust, debris, matches, branches, and/or confetti before burning. 
  • Trim the wick to about a quarter-inch before each burn to help prevent excess smoke and soot. Our wicks should burn in a way that you won't always need to trim them, but if it looks longer than 1/4", give it a little snip with scissors or a wick trimmer if you're fancy.
  • Always burn your candle on a stable, level, heat-resistant surface away from kids and pets.
  • Never leave a lit candle unattended. We know some of these scents are relaxing, but please don't fall asleep with a candle burning. 
  • Extinguish your candle permanently when about a half- to a quarter-inch of wax remains. 

To reuse the container, peel off the labels and place the spent candle in the freezer for a few hours, then use a spoon or a dull knife to chip away any remaining wax. When the container is room temperature again, use a paper towel to remove the excess wax. Wash thoroughly with soap and water and enjoy your new cocktail glass.